Meta Box Admin Columns Extension
Meta Box Admin Columns Extension is an extension for the Meta Box plugin, which allows developers to show custom fields in the posts, terms and users lists in the WordPress admin area. You can set the column position, column title, make it sortable and/or searchable.
When develop WordPress themes, plugins or customizing a website, adding custom columns to the admin screens for entire posts or custom post types is one of the common tasks. The custom admin columns allow users to have a better overview of the content. For example: if we have a custom post type Book, then should need to show Book Author, Publisher, Number of Pages, Category in columns in the All Books screen (as shown in the screenshot above). By default, WordPress only displays a very limited content (title, date) on that screen and that’s not enough.
With Meta Box Admin Columns Extension, the task is resolved quickly. You just need to specify which custom field is displayed and leave the rest to the plugin. You can also change the column title, set its position and make it sortable or searchable.
Supports posts, terms and user
Since version 1.1.1, the Meta Box Admin Columns Extension supports not only post meta, but also term meta and user meta. You can use the plugin to display additional information for terms and users in the term list table and user list table.
Note that to add meta to terms and users, you need MB Term Meta and MB User Meta extensions.
Filter posts by taxonomies
Since version 1.2, Meta Box Admin Columns Extension allows you to filter posts by custom taxonomies. Simply set the taxonomy
filterable and the rest is cared by the plugin.
Meta Box Admin Columns Extension Features:
- Be able to set custom position for columns, supports before/after/replacing existing column. And can order them as well.
- Can customize the output and column title.
- Supports every standard type of custom fields
- Can show custom HTML before and after column content
- Supports columns sorting
- Supports searching for custom fields data
- Automatically adds styles to match WordPress UI
- Supports post, term, user meta (since version 1.1.1)
- LESS code: needs only 1 parameter
- Is optimized for Meta Box users