Meta Box Include Exclude Extension
Meta Box Include Exclude Extension is an extension for the Meta Box plugin, which helps developers to show/hide meta boxes only in some pages conditionally by post ID, page template, category, tag or custom taxonomy. Developers can combine conditions to create as many restrictions as they want. They can also write a custom function to check whether or not show the meta box.
There are many situations where you need to control which page a meta box appears on. For example, you create a meta box for the Contact Us page template only or for posts under News category. And each post under these conditions has specific metadata and thus, specific meta box for configuration. On other pages, you don’t want users to see it. So, in this case, the extension can help you do that easily.
There are many rules you can define for your meta boxes such as: post ID, page template, taxonomies, user roles, etc. These rules can be combined to achieve more complex conditions. If there is no rule you want, you can write your own custom conditional function.
Meta Box Include Exclude Extension Features:
- Allows to show (include) or hide (exclude) meta boxes under conditions
- Can combine conditions using logical operator AND, OR
- Conditions (show/hide by):
- Post IDs
- Parent IDs
- Post slugs
- Page Templates
- Categories, tags or custom taxonomies
- Parent categories, tags or custom taxonomies
- User roles (works with MB User Meta extension)
- User IDs (works with MB User Meta extension)
- User capabilities
- Custom function